Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ketta's Wedding!

We flew to Missouri for Aunt Ketta's wedding on May 9...we had such a fun time!  It was a very busy trip with all the wedding festivities and we enjoyed being there and participating!  We were all a part of the wedding...William was a Groomsman, Kate was the miniature bride!, and I was the miniature bride & groom escort. :)  The mini groom was Ketta's new nephew, Luke...I'll have to post a few more photos later when we get them.  But doesn't Kate look adorable?  We practiced walking down the aisle at the rehearsal dinner and she did great...then at 2pm on Saturday, after no nap in the morning, she was supposed to walk down the aisle for real...and kind of had a meltdown. :)  So I carried her down the aisle while holding Luke's hand.  Oh well!
Then another fun story...the other morning I went in to get Kate from her crib and found her standing in her laundry basket!  She had flipped over the edge of the crib into the basket, turned herself around and stood up!  She wasn't crying or anything!  Needless to say, we lowered her crib that afternoon. :)
One final fun piece of news...this is my last week at work!  I gave my notice and am so excited to stay home full time with Kate starting the 1st of June (Kate's 18 month birthday, by the way!)!!  It was a tough decision and we weighed all the benefits...but it all boiled down to Kate being the most important thing!!  

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Kate is DARLING!! Now that you will be at home...we should get our lil' girls together!! I have a zoo pass & I can bring you two for free. Miss u!

Nicole Ritchie Eskelson said...

She is so dang cute Jamie and congrats on being able to stay home. What a blessing for you guys! Miss you! Colie