Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Busy June!

We had a wonderful month of June!  The first event happened on June 9 when Kate legally became our daughter.  We went to the courthouse, had a lawyer, sat in front of a judge and both of us (as well as our adoption case worker) gave testimony as to why we are good parents for Kate.  Everything was very formal until the judge asked invited me to the stand and said I could bring Kate with me...once I sat down, he said he had a rule that I couldn't hold her while I testified.  So he reached out his hands, held her, played with her and gave her a little toy!  I don't think he heard any of what I said. ;)  Here is a picture of her taken that day in the dress she was wearing (it also is the dress that I was blessed in when I was a baby!):




Then, on June 15 (Father's Day!), William was able to give her a blessing at church.  He gave a beautiful blessing.  Afterward we had family and friends over to our house for lunch and had a nice time visiting.  William's parents were in town for both the court date and the blessing - it was nice to have them here.  Here is a picture of William and Kate taken after the blessing:


Finally, on June 28, we were able to take Kate to the Salt Lake Temple for a sealing ceremony.  It was very special and Kate looked beautiful in her little white dress!  Here is a picture of the three of us from that day:



6 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so THRILLED for all of you! What an ADORABLE family- and she really does have amazing parents!

Erin said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of your June celebrations. We couldn't be happier for you.

Lauren said...

Congratulations are definitely in order! Kate is so beautiful and couldn't have come to a better family. You all so happy -- and we are happy for you!

Brekke said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. You all look wonderful.

Brenda said...

Congrats!! I love how happy she is in all the pics! What a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful family!! We're so happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!